Most volunteers will return for the 163rd. We can add your name to the list. Are you interested? Complete the Volunteer Contact Signup Sheet and send it in. No one is turned away. We use this to help with knowing who you are and what you are interested in. Not sure give 1 of the committee members a call. Volunteer participation is always guided by 1 of the committee members. These are the types of activities that volunteers help with:
Tent setup, pulling area set up and Exhibit Hall Set up all start on Sunday of Fair week. To Help with any of these activities and more, come to the common or sign up below.
There are many things to do all week long. Even if you only have a few minutes?
- Moving fences, picnic tables and benches from storage, cleaning them and arranging on location.
- Decorating the common with fall decorations and specific tent hangings.
- Assisting on the parade route during the pre-parade organization.
- Watering of plants daily from Thursday to Sunday before the fair opens.
- Assisting with cleaning up grounds and tent areas throughout fair weekend especially in between events and prior to closing.
- Exhibit Hall set up on Tent Sunday.
- Receiving Exhibit Hall entries on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Arrangement of Exhibit Hall entries on Thursday.
- Monitor and assist in activities to assist the young farmers in enjoying the area.
- Changing sponsorship signs or event signage on a daily basis.
- Selling tee shirts for Friends of the Fair during the fair.
- Sitting in the Exhibit Hall during the fair to answer question and help as needed.
- Helping to disassemble and pack the common and Exhibit Hall after closing to return the common to its original